Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tremors

I'm not gonna write about the earthquake in Japan or the tsunami warning here in Vancouver or how our set and crew got evacuated, because I've talked with most of you on the phone about that already.

We're not behind the schedule at all, which is great, because I've got my own schedule cut out to the millisecond, so I'm juggling these long days and short days and night shoots etc. on two sets like a mad woman that I am.

So on Tuesday I was leaving set around 8 PM and we were in a car heading out from the woods. I was on the back seat and as we were driving down this tiny road real slowly suddenly there was this kind of a unearthly scream and there was a blond woman pressed against my window. And she was really hysterical and it scared the hell out of me. My heart kinda jumped and I believe I was screaming as well, cause it really looked like we were under a zombie attack. So as I was hyperventilating on the back seat, the guy driving rolled down his window and yelled “No stars here!” rolled the window up again and drove away. Apparently the woman was a paparazzi and/or a fan with the camera and I guess she was hoping to get the picture of the set or one of the actors. But this is just nuts, people, you don't attack random cars in the middle of the forest. What are you? An animal? Actually I think animals would never do that... And in all honesty; why would you want to take a picture of the movie set? There's nothing there, its not that interesting, it just ruins the movie magic. I suppose I could understand it if it were one of these grand sets like the one they built for Harry Potter: you know they built the whole street where Harry lived and the school and it was something to look at. But when the set is just a couple of green screens in the woods with actors standing on markers... really? How is that interesting? Wait for the movie, geez.

Anyway, I got quite a scare and next day on the set I had this massive headache. And when it got really bad I went to the nurse, she took my blood pressure and it was 150. I know! Mental, right? So she said that I must be taken to the hospital and while I was sitting there waiting for the car everyone was gushing over me and people were talking to each other saying “Oh my God, she's so young” like I was dying.

I was taken to the hospital and they, of course, called Rob (who is still listed as my emergency contact, just because I haven't been dying for a while, you know...). And it was really late in London so Rob got all worked up and yelled at me, as usual. And I, with my heightened blood pressure and all, was the calm one asking “How is this helpful?” whenever I got a word in. But, yeah, I know, Rob you're just worried about me. I know you think I work too much, but believe me if I stop I'll be even worst.

And my BF also freaked out. He's shooting in Mexico and he was dead set on coming to Vancouver. I had to stop him by threatening that I'll never call him again if something happens to me.

Doctors told me that the high blood pressure was a reaction to the untreated cold and stress combination and I got some drugs and I'm all better now. So I guess I'll be around. Don't you worry.
I have a day off and I'm going to get my hair done and I suppose I'll be answering your calls once you have read this post. But, really, I'm fine, don't panic. You too, Em. Luv ya.

No comments: