Saturday, February 12, 2011

Banksy Oscars

Last week I was in LA. Briefly. And, yes, I did see the Banksy Oscar mural. 



I was not impressed. Suppose, I was kinda hoping that Banksy will be like Godard, who was all like: the honorary Oscar? Thanks, u guys! But I'm busy that day, reading a book.

And I also don't get the Star Wars plot: what's it supposed to be? An analogy of what? Pop culture? Consumerism? 



All in all, it makes me think that it all is just a big pose and if Banksy was invited to one of those fancy Hollywood tea-parties where you can hear veneers click, he would get all giddy and dress up real nice...


In other news: we a wrapping here in Baton Rouge and I have started packing. It's a heavy job itself, even more so when paired with moaning, but we'll be leaving to Vancouver together and then after a week he'll start shooting in Mexico, so cant really blame me for distance.

I'm off to work now. Early morning 2nd unit!

2 comments:

Simon said...

you, my dear, are le provocator!

Eela Reki said...

na na! BMW. no, MBW!