Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cartoonish

Apparently Superman: Earth One is the no. one on the hardcover comics sales list. This is the one with the EMOman, the dude with burning eyes, the demon. Flying in all gloomy and brooding. These days it looks like that if you want to boost your ratings on TV you better bring in some vampires or reference to twilight, if you are a B lister you have to find a way to mention Mr. Pattinson in all or any of your interviews etc. I sure hope that it will blow over soon, cause not everyone looks good in plaid shirt and sneakers. Yeah, these are some dark times we're living when demon is a superhero and girls are dreaming about undead...

So, anyway...

Its HP screening soon, so I thought I'll shock you by telling that there was a possibility once that we would have had a cartoon Harry. When Spielberg was offered to direct the first movie, he suggested that 2-3 books should be combined and, as Pixar was doing so great at the time, made into a cartoon. Which reminds me, that before Summit picked up Twilight, the first proposed script was really action packed: Bella's father was killed right at the beginning of it, Bella was turned into vampire and was battling alongside the Cullen family with all the evil vampires of the world.
So there are two major franchises that might have gone totally different direction. But didn't. And now everyone who isn't involved is wishing they were, right? ;) 

 
And as for my own little cartoonish sidekick Emily, who's been constantly surveying me for some celeb sightings... Em, honesty, I'll let you read part 2 if you ease up a little? Deal? You're scaring me...

5 comments:

Simon said...

I see twilight is taking over your blog and Emily is already so far gone anyway. how is it in Baton Rouge these days? is it a teen town yet?

Eela Reki said...

It eased up during the game and because twilight is shooting in Brazil right now, but as my own twis are coming and shooting will return to Baton Rouge I'm pretty sure that so will all the lurking and lusting. You should come over and cool your ego: yar a good looking guy but I bet no-one would notice you while there are werewolves and vampires in town.

Simon said...

Naah, I'm not into teens anyway. you would notice me, right?

Anonymous said...

What do you want me to do? I'll do anything!

Eela Reki said...

Sure, Simon, how could I not?