Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Extended Meat Loaf music video

I'm meeting editors for dinner, but right now I have some time to fill you in on our yesterdays' movie night.

So it was Emily, Miri, me, cake, wine and Twilight. Emily has seen all the movies and read the books and she was a bit annoyed by our ignorance. I have some knowledge on the subject, but Miri who has a very serious theater background and has stumbled into some indie movies couple of times was totally untouched by the franchise. So her questions, although justified, made Emily groan: Is he wearing a headband? (Jacob), A buffon? Why isn't his neck pale? (Edward), Are the bad wigs part of the disguise? (Jasper, Carlisle, Alice, Rosalie), Is this a joke? (Edward running) etc.

But if we don't go to details; it is a good girls night movie, fun, partly funny. Em says its also very romantic and maybe she's right, but for me personally romance is not about pain, hardship and obstacles. Not anymore. When I was 11 I used to have these Twilight type romantic thoughts about a guy working at the stable where I went for my riding practice. I dreamed up different scenarios how he would save me from danger and sweep me away to a....meadow.

I liked Billy Burke, Kristen Stewart is really pretty, I just love Anna Kendrick, Cam Gigandet is hot and soundtrack seems to be great. Actually, whole movie looks like a music video.

And the kiss was hot. No denying that.

There were some embarrassing scenes. The special effects money was obviously scarce so the running and jumping was really painful to watch. Also, if I go into details, aren't vampires supposed to be dead and cold? So its not good that their breaths come out like pretty little white clouds...
But there were these really funny parts too: Edward was constantly coming up to Bella just to say: We shouldn't be friends. Stay away from me. And make a note of this, guys, these are the best pick up lines. If you tell a girl you're not good for her, she cant keep her hands off of you.

The thing with the vampires in this movie was that you forget that they're predators. They look like Djs.

I know that Kristen Stewart will come out on top from this ordeal, but as I haven't seen Robert Pattinson in anything else (I honestly cant remember him from HP), I don't know, is he a good actor? He doesn't have much to work with in Twilight, the character of Edward is pretty much one dimensional. So, I guess we'll see what becomes of him. He'd better not do any “pretty” next or he'll get stuck in it.




We'll have a New Moon night soon. Keep you posted.

Oh, and, Rob, answer to your question about prom: Bite me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The video is spot on and oh... we shouldn't be friends.

Simon said...

how about "I'm better than you", would that work?

Miri said...

Simon, you're a pig. But it was a fun night and I'm willing to do it again!