Monday, November 1, 2010

Ramifications

Had a very productive meeting with producers this morning. It's a pleasure to work with open minded intelligent people. Now I'm gonna try to get some work done before Emily comes over and starts bumming me about the movie script based on a book. I mean, I don't get it... original script, maybe, but adaptation.... its all in the book, right? Oh well...

Went to the Raleigh studio. When I got there, at first I thought there had been a bomb threat or maybe Obama was visiting. But then I was told that these are just regular security measures. Ok, Battleship is shooting right now, but I bet it's not about Liam Neeson... I totally get it, anyone who has seen The Exorcist and Poltergeist knows that teenage girls are the force to be reckoned with, but in my opinion they're going just a tad overboard. Would they really shoot them? That's what I'd like to know.

Apart from Battleship and Breaking Dawn there are some great movies shooting this Fall in Baton Rouge. I'm liking Dragon Eyes with Van Damme (grrr...), The Haunting in Georgia (appreciate the irony), Zombie Hamlet (my old fav.), there are some rumors that Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter will join Zombie Hamlet... so what could top that? But wait! There's Piranha 3DD in NO (the world must be ending...). From the Rough is shooting right now in NO and Batman is coming. And few eps. of House will be filmed in NO. So, there's hope.

It's nice to have stars and their fans roaming around the city, but the downside is here: Fresh Market was cleaned out today. So no cauliflower for me.

And it looks like rain...

No comments: